Sunday, June 03, 2007

THE JOKER!!!


I could not be more excited about THE DARK KNIGHT, the sequel to 2005 hit BATMAN BEGINS. Also, it seems as if the marketing campaign has already begun even though the film doesn't hit the screen until next June. The photo above is a glimpse of Heath Ledger in his full-on JOKER make-up. I absolutely love the approach the filmmakers are taking with this character. They are returning to the comic book by making JOKER less clown, and more psychotic maniac, and in the picture you can see for yourself how they will achieve this. I was not all that excited when I heard that Heath Ledger would be playing one of, if not the, greatest comic book villains in history, but this picture defiantly gives me more confidence. Christopher Nolan (MOMENTO, THE PRESTIGE) continues to give us glimpses into the male psyche and I trust that he will take us to dark places as we see what it is that makes the JOKER truly tick.

Can JUNE 2008 get here any sooner!!!

No comments: