Thursday, October 02, 2008

Howard Shore is working on THE HOBBIT!


My day always seems a little bit brighter when hearing rumblings about the long awaited HOBBIT film. The thought of the geniuses behind LORD OF THE RINGS and PANS LABYRINTH taking us back to Middle Earth is nothing short of miraculous because miracles and Hollywood rarely ever go together, though the fact that any film gets made at all is a miracle in itself. Here is a quote from Howard Shore, composer of the musical score for LORD OF THE RINGS, some of the greatest music ever composed for film I might add, as he gears up for a return to the Shire and the land of Hobbits:


“Yes I am starting to work on the Hobbit. A lot of the group is coming back together to work on it. It’s really a wondrous occasion. It’s fantastic guide for me to be able to go back to Middle earth and create more music , ‘cause these films, the films, are placed before Fellowship of the Ring, so I have to go back into Middle earth a little earlier and pick up my writing, and write a piece that would grow and take you right into Fellowship of the Ring.”


You can read the rest of the article HERE!

No comments: